Thursday, May 15, 2008

Newly Weds

One Sunday night Jimmy and I went home with a couple that were probably in their late 30’s early 40’s.
It was a Sunday so we did the show in the afternoon, and then a quick church service, so we were done by about 8:00 pm.
The couple took us to a modest home, and they seemed pretty nice. On this particular night, we had to take the truck with us. I am not sure why that is important, it is just something I remember.
The couple told us that they were newly-weds, which was cool, and neither Jimmy or I really gave a crap, until about 9:00 pm, sharp, the dude raises his arms in a big stretch/yawn, and announces “Boy am I tired” She looks over at him, and with a twinkle in her eye says “oh yeah.. I am tired too” They both proceed to finish up with us at lightning speed. And disappear off to bed.

Jimmy and I end up sitting in their living room looking at each other wondering what the hell we did to make them leave us so quickly, and then we realize, it wasn’t us!

This modest home wasn’t the newest home on the market, nor did it have really solid floors upstairs. As we are sitting there, We here them going at it over our heads. You might has well been filming a movie up there, the bed was a rockin and you could hear the floor boards creaking, as well as an occasional moan or two.
The finale of the whole event, was when the woman appeared in the stairs and went into the kitchen to make a sandwich. I guess they worked up an appetite.

No comments: